Add the stopping power of the 2000 Mustang Cobra R to your Mustang! Brembo was the supplier of original equipment brakes for Ford's limited production 2000 Mustang Cobra R model. This Brembo brake kit is an excellent choice for street duty and moderate open-tracking, providing increased stopping power, improved brake modulation, and no brake pad taper wear.
Brembo designed this kit to be a direct bolt-on for the 1994-2004 Mustangs. It may be used on 1979-1993 Mustangs, with appropriate modifications. See below for details.
- Brembo 4-piston calipers
- Brembo 13" one-piece vented rotors with gas slots
- Stainless steel braided brake hoses
- Street-compound brake pads
Works best with the OEM Cobra master cylinders fitted to 1994-2004 Mustang Cobra models.
Notes for 1994-2004 Mustang installation
- Direct bolt-on installation.
17" or larger wheels required. Wheels must have adequate spoke clearance for the larger-than-stock Brembo opposing-piston caliper.
- Installation on 1994-95 Mustang GT/V6 cars requires installation of 1994-95 Mustang Cobra master cylinder.
- Installation on 1996-98 V6 Mustang requires installation of 1994-95 Mustang Cobra master cylinder.
- Installation on 1999-2004 Mustangs GT/V6 does not require a master cylinder change.
- Installation of a 1994-95 Mustang Cobra master cylinder on a 1994-95 Mustang GT requires an MMBAK-7 master cylinder adapter kit.
Brake fluid is required to bleed the system after installation.
Hawk high performance brake pads are available in a variety of compounds.
- When installing this kit on a 1994-2004 Mustang V6/GT along with the Cobra master cylinder swap, the brake proportioning valve must be upgraded to the Cobra model, or an adjustable brake proportioning valve must be installed and the stock valve disabled.
Notes for 1979-1993 Mustang installation
May be installed on a 1979-1993 Mustang having these additional modifications:
Brembo Cobra R Caliper
- 4-piston differential bore design distributes the clamping force over the length of each pad, improving braking ability and pad life by eliminating brake pad taper wear.
- Opposing-piston design greatly increases caliper rigidity over standard sliding-bridge design.
- Pads can be changed without removing the caliper from the spindle
- Made of cast aluminum alloy
- Hard-anodized aluminum pistons
- Includes piston dust boots.
- Durable black finish
- Caliper with integral mounting bracket weighs 7 lb
- 13" diameter
- 1.125" thickness is same as OEM
- Brembo was the OEM supplier to Ford for all brake rotors installed on the Cobra model from 1999-2004. The rotors in this FRPP kit are dimensionally identical to those OEM rotors.
- Cadmium plated for corrosion resistance
- Rotors weigh 19.4 lb each
- Included are DOT compliant stainless steel braided hose assemblies.