Drag Race Rear Lower Control Arms are for 1999-04 solid-axle equipped Mustangs with engine torque levels ranging up into the neighborhood of 1,000 ft-lb. That kind of Big Power requires rear lower control arms that are a step above the rest. Maximum Motorsports Drag Race series control arms provide the ride height adjustability essential to tuning for the optimum launch, along with the robustness required for hard launches at the strip with Big Power on slicks.
Large spherical bearings at each end are tough enough for hard core drag racing, yet allow the angularity needed for proper suspension movement. This design aids traction at launch without degrading handling or street manners.
The Drag Race series adjustable control arms are intended for Mustang's with a power level exceeding the 600rwhp rating of MM's curved adjustable control arms. The straight tube of these control arms was designed for launching a Mustang weighing up to 3,800 lb that has a 60-foot time as quick as 1.20 seconds. That rating is for a standard 4-link suspension. If you Mustang is equipped with a torque-arm, the loads on the rear lower control arms are much lower, and in that case the MM Drag Race control arms are suitable for engines far exceeding 1,000 ft-lb of torque.
Ride Height Adjustment Range
- When adjusted to the lowest ride height possible, your Mustang will be approximately 0.5" higher than it would be with a stock-style control arm and the same spring, due to the height adjuster mechanism. This dimension is with both spring isolators in place.
- Remove the lower spring isolator, and when adjusted to the lowest ride height possible, your Mustang will be approximately 0.4" higher than it would be with a stock-style control arm and the same spring.
- Remove both the lower and upper spring isolators, and when adjusted to the lowest ride height possible, your Mustang will be approximately the same ride height as it would be with a stock-style control arm installed with the same spring and both spring isolators.
- When adjusted to the highest ride height possible, your Mustang will be approximately 3.5" higher than it would be with a stock-style control arm and the same spring. The shocks may top out, having reached full extension, before this height can be reached.
Ride Height Adjustment Range
|Spring perch position
|Ride height change, relative to stock RLCA
- Does not have any provision for attaching a stock-location swaybar. Use the MM rear anti-roll bar.
- Fine tuning of spring rates in 25 lb/in increments is possible by using this control arm along with standard coil-over springs and the MM 2.5" rear spring adapter.
- Large spherical bearing at both ends of each control arm completely eliminates unwanted deflection, while allowing proper articulation of the suspension.
- Plated steel reducer inserts in the spherical bearings, sized to fit the stock hardware.
- Strong and stiff round steel tube construction.
- Adjustable-height spring perch.
- Durable black powder coated finish.
- Aluminum jack-bolt is hard-anodized.
- Grease fitting to easily lubricate jack-bolt threads.
- Designed and manufactured by MM in the USA