Maximum Motorsports Heavy-Duty series Rear Lower Control Arms for the 1979-1998 Mustang improve traction and handling by reducing the unwanted deflection allowed by the stock soft rubber bushings and flexible stamped steel control arm. Unique MM 3-piece bushing and spherical bearing design easily allows the articulation required for proper handling, and reduces the deflection that can cause wheel hop.
Fits 1979-1998 Mustang with solid rear axle. Includes spring perch and swaybar mount.
If your Mustang...
Why not use the Heavy-Duty control arms in those situations?
For one reason: Those situations may overload the urethane, leading to premature failure of the bushing. When you hit your Mustang's throttle pedal, all of the forces accelerating your car pass from the rear axle housing through the lower control arms and their bushings; that's what moves your Mustang forward. The harder the car accelerates on launch, the greater the forces on the lower control arm bushings. Higher forces lead to a shorter lifespan of the bushings.
Better by design
- Stress on the chassis torque-boxes is greatly reduced because the MM design allows proper articulation of the rear suspension.
- 3-piece urethane bushings allow articulation while reducing deflection and damping noise transmission at the chassis end.
- Spherical bearing allows articulation while eliminating deflection at the axle end.
- Large 2" diameter round steel tube design for highest strength.
Why do I need MM Rear Lower Control Arms?
- The stock Mustang rear lower control arms are fitted with very large, soft rubber bushings. Those bushings allow the axle to shift fore and aft, causing the toe of the rear tires to change. Toe changes cause instability as the rear of the car steers itself in unpredictable directions. The rubber bushings also allow axle wind-up during acceleration, which in turn causes wheel hop.
- MM Rear Lower Control Arms were designed by our engineering team to minimize fore/aft movement of the axle, while also retaining the suspension's ability to properly articulate. This improves performance without unnecessarily compromising ride quality or handling.
- Potential torque-box damage is greatly reduced because the MM design allows the suspension to easily articulate.
- Manufactured by MM in the U.S.A.
- Deletion of spring perch and swaybar mount is available by clicking on the option button above.
Maximum Motorsports Heavy-Duty Rear Lower Control Arms for 1979-1998 Mustangs
- Strong and stiff 2" diameter round steel tube construction.
- 3-piece urethane bushing at chassis end.
- Large spherical bearing at the axle end.
- CNC-machined receiver tube for the urethane bushings ensures proper fitment, unlike more commonly used saw-cut tubes.
- Spring perch fits stock springs and aftermarket springs with an isolator.
- Swaybar mount fits stock and aftermarket swaybars.
- Durable black powder coated finish.
- Made by MM in the U.S.A. Beware of poor quality copies made overseas.