Allows swapping one of the listed engines into a 1996-2004 Mustang chassis. This hybrid k-member bolts into a 1996-2004 Mustang chassis, but has the engine mounting pads and steering rack location to allow fitment of a 5.0L pushrod, 302, 351W, 4.2L, 3.8L, or 2.3L engine.
Get more front grip and dramatically improve the handling of your Mustang with an MM tubular K-member. At 37 lb, the MM K-member is 26% lighter than the OEM K-member, and yet it's the strongest, stiffest, and most durable K-member available. Fits these engines: 5.0L pushrod, 302, 351W, 4.2L, 3.8L, 2.3L.
Better by design
MM's Engineering Team optimized the suspension geometry to increase cornering grip and produce a better-handling Mustang. A design goal was to maximize stiffness, as that keeps the suspension geometry stable when cornering. The added stiffness makes the handling more precise and increases stability under braking.
Like the OEM K-member, MM K-members are designed and built to last for the life of your Mustang. While most aftermarket K-members focus on shedding weight, our design priorities led us to create advanced cross-bracing and triangulation of tube intersections to ensure the strength and durability needed for this mission-critical part. We use thicker-gauge metal and larger tube sizes than other companies to ensure the MM K-member has the strength to handle drag race launches and wheel stands, road race use, and of course the rigors of daily street driving.
MM K-members in the news
See the Articles tab.
Required for installation
- For installing a 4.6L/5.4L modular, 5.0L Coyote, or LSX engine in a 1996-2004 Mustang, use the MMKM-2.
- Stock front control arms won't fit because of the large size of the pivot bushings.
- For 1996-2004 Mustangs, we make 2 different front control arms. Each does something different:
- shifts the tires forward 0.75"
- shifts the tires forward 1.5"
- Raised front control arm pivot points; 2 positions accommodate the ride heights of both street-driven Mustangs and race cars.
- Control arm pivot points move straight forward 0.75".
- Fore/aft tire location is determined by which MM Front Control Arm you choose. See the Fitment tab for tables showing the front tire location when various MM Front Control Arms are installed with any of the MM K-members.
- Accepts fitment of other aftermarket front control arms that replicate the stock control arm pivot bushing locations, and have smaller-than-stock bushings.
- Includes a 2-point chassis brace (both stock and aftermarket K-members need a brace).
- Control arm pivot points located the same distance from the vehicle centerline as 1996-2004 V8 Mustangs.
- Maintains stock engine mount height for best oil pan clearance.
- 2 sets of holes for the engine mounts allow choice of either the stock location, or moving the engine rearwards by 1".
- No modifications needed to the engine mounts, unlike many other aftermarket K-members that require removing the anti-twist feature.
- Includes features to ease squaring to the chassis during installation.
- Includes 2 MM Low-Profile Front Control Arm Bolts for improved clearance between the rubber steering rack boot and the heads of the two forward pivot bolts.
- Superb installation instructions
- Black powdercoating for protection and good looks
- Designed by the MM Engineering Team.
- Track tested by winning American Iron racers: too many to count.
- Made by MM in San Luis Obispo, California. Beware of poor-quality copies made overseas!