Maximum Motorsports 1979-89 Mustang Caster Camber Plates provide the means to properly align your Mustang's front tires. Especially well-suited for lowered Mustangs because MM's innovative design provides a much wider range of adjustment for camber than the stock adjustment slots.
Better by design
- Maximum Motorsports invented the double-adjustable caster camber plate for Mustangs in 1993. That innovation pioneered the separate and independent adjustment of caster and camber for Mustangs.
- Strong enough to support a coil-over conversion.
Why do I need MM caster camber plates?
Lowering your Mustang will cause the top of the front tires to "lean in" towards the center of the car (increased negative camber), resulting in uneven tire wear.
- This excessive negative camber can be easily corrected with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, allowing alignment to factory specifications.
Lowering your Mustang also results in a reduction of bump travel, which will degrade ride quality. Installation of Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates restores most of the lost bump travel.
- MM Caster Camber Plates provide the means to adjust the front alignment for improved performance.
The wider range of camber adjustment allows the reduction of excessive negative camber caused by lowering. That will improve tire wear of a street-driven Mustang. Camber may be adjusted to a much more negative setting for more front grip when cornering.
MM Caster Camber Plates provide adjustment of caster, which is otherwise not adjustable. Increasing the amount of positive caster improves straight-line stability. Increasing the amount of caster also helps increase front grip during cornering because additional cater causes an increase in negative camber on the outside tire when the car is steered into a corner. The increased negative camber increases cornering grip. The increase in negative camber is only present while the tire is steered, and therefore does not harm tire wear.
- Main plate is laser-cut from high-grade alloy steel, not mild steel. The increased strength greatly reduces the possibility of bending.
- MM-designed spherical bearing is custom made in the U.S.A.
- Durable black powdercoat finish is standard.
- Chrome finish on the main plate is optional.
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates for 1979-89 Mustangs
Separate and independent adjustment for camber and caster.
- Widest possible range of camber adjustment, twice the range of the stock slots and upper strut mount. Strut shaft can be moved from one side of the strut tower's center hole to the other side.
- Widest possible continuous range of caster adjustment, limited not by the plate, but by the strut shaft contacting the rear edge of the strut tower's center hole.
- PTFE lined spherical bearing was designed by MM, and is custom manufactured in the U.S.A. Spherical bearing allows proper articulation, unlike urethane-bushed camber plates.
- Main plate is a high-grade alloy steel that is much stronger than mild steel, and has a much longer fatigue life than aluminum.
- Includes progressive-rate bumpstops (for use with struts other than MM and Bilstein).
- Retains stock strut dustcovers in applications using struts other than MM and Bilstein.
- Steel components are either zinc plated or powder coated for great looks and long lasting protection.
- Chrome main plate is optional.
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Maximum Motorsports.