Third-Generation MM Shocks
MM's third-generation of shocks has several new features to further improve performance even beyond our popular first gen. A decade after MM introduced a line of high-performance monotube dampers, our second generation raises the bar again.
- Third-Gen MM shocks are black.
- Second-Gen MM shocks are yellow.
- Each requires a generation-specific coil-over kit.
Better by Design
MM's Engineering Team created a unique shock with high-end features not found in typical Mustang rear shocks:
- Oversize shock shaft, 5/8" diameter, for reduced deflection.
- "Off road"-style shaft seal for increased longevity.
- Lower eyelet allows either urethane bushing or spherical bearing.
- Machined groove for coil-over applications.
- Third-generation valving improves on first-gen performance.
- Choice of applications; Street, Sport, or Race.
- Monotube design provides superior damping.
- Choice of upper mount style to best suit your Mustang's needs.
- Coil-over ready; simply use appropriate MM Coil-over/Upper Mount Kit.
See the Spring Rate tab for a list of spring rates that each MM shock series will control.
Fits 1979-1985 Mustangs only when upgraded to one of the following:
- Coil-over installation requires a robust lower shock-to-axle mounting bracket.
- See the "Options" tab about ordering MM Shock-to-Axle Mounting Brackets.
The choices are confusing. How do I order?
- Click on the "How to Order" tab for a step-by-step guide to selecting the required items.
- Click on the "Options" tab for a guide to selecting options that may be required for your installation.
Third-Generation MM Shocks: Better by Design
- Black powder coat finish
- MM-designed damping curves for high performance driving
- Monotube design
- Nitrogen gas pressure
- Oversized 5/8" shaft
- "off road"-style shaft seal
- Integral cellular foam bumpstop
- Dust cover for non-coil-over applications
- Urethane or spherical bearing lower eyelet mount