StopTech Trophy Sport Big Brake Kits with 4-piston STR calipers are available with either 13" or 14" rotors for the front of a 1994-2004 Mustang. Complete kit includes STR 4-piston calipers, your choice of either 13" (332mm) or 14" (355mm) rotors, braided stainless-steel hoses, sport compound pads, and all required brackets and hardware.
Free brake fluid!
You'll need brake fluid, so let MM supply it. Your choice!
(48-state ground service)
StopTech Trophy Sport Kits feature several key upgrades from the standard big brake kits to make them more suitable for track use:
- Designed for the stock SN95 master cylinder and Cobra rear rotor diameter for best compatibility with ABS and optimum bias ratio.
Important: Check for clearance to your wheels with this required wheel clearance drawing. Sideways clearance to the spokes is a more likely interference point than diameter.
Fitment to a 1979-1993 Mustang is possible with the proper modifications, one MMBAK-4, and the appropriate-size master cylinder.
- The STR series caliper is forged and fully machined to weigh less than the standard ST-40 caliper; it's hard-anodized for long-lasting color that resists fading and discoloration; and comes with silicone dust boots to retain street practicality.
- Trophy Sport AeroHats are also hard anodized to resist fading and discoloration.
- Sport series StopTech brake pads are suitable for street and open-track use.
StopTech brakes are a proven winner in the American Iron race series. Whether you've got a dedicated racecar or a street-driven car that occasionally battles it out at the track, StopTech Big Brake Kits provide awesome stopping power and shorter stopping distances. StopTech is known for engineering advances in caliper, rotor, hat, and hose design, which have led to optimized systems for the Mustang that provide the shortest stopping distances possible. The advanced brake balance gives a firmer brake pedal, less pedal travel, and superior brake modulation.
StopTech Trophy Sport Big Brake Kits include forged and machined 2-piece STR calipers; large 2-piece AeroRotors; stainless-steel brake lines, brake pads, and application-specific caliper brackets.
STR Trophy Sport caliper
- Made of fully machined forged aluminum for lightest weight.
- Unique bolt-in bridge greatly stiffens the caliper, improving pedal feel and modulation.
- 4-piston differential bore design distributes the clamping force over the length of each pad evenly, improving braking ability and pad life.
- Pistons are hard-anodized aluminum.
- High-temp silicone piston dust boots are included.
- Hard anodized to preserve original color.
- Weighs only 7.6 lb.
- Choice of rotor diameters, 13" (332mm) or 14" (355mm).
- 1.25" (32mm) thick rotors are thicker than stock, increasing thermal capacity.
- Trophy Sport rotors are slotted to vent hot gasses created between the pad and rotor during heavy braking, improving pad bite and longevity.
- Trophy Sport rotors have a plain surface finish.
- 2-piece, full-floating design allows the disc to float in both axial and radial directions. Belling of the cast-iron rotor is lessened, which reduces stress cracking.
- Curved vanes with unique leading and trailing edges increase airflow through the rotor by 80% over straight-vane rotors and by 30% over other curved-vane rotors. The result is a cooler rotor, which improves brake performance.
- StopTech's unique AeroHat directs air to the outer face of the rotor. This reduces the always present temperature differential between the inner and outer rotor faces, decreasing the outer pad's wear and reducing rotor cracking.
- Hard-anodized Trophy Sport aluminum AeroHat minimizes transfer of heat into the wheel hub and bearings while resisting fading and discoloration.
- 13" rotor and hat assembly weighs 17.2 lb.
- 14" rotor and hat assembly weighs 18.1 lb.
- Braided stainless-steel hoses provide quicker response, firmer pedal feel, and easier brake modulation.
- DOT-compliant hoses feature a unique swiveling end that ensures correct alignment and fitment to the chassis hard line. StopTech manufactures these stainless-steel braided PTFE-lined brake hose assemblies.